- Political outsider: first-time candidate
- Political underdog
- Republican in a state with a 16-point Democratic advantage
- Opposing a Democratic incumbent with 10 years in Congress
- Initial resistance from state party to an outsider
- Initial reluctance from donors to a long-shot candidate
As of this writing, the campaign is ongoing, with Mick the only declared Republican candidate.
Creating Hard Hat America, a PAC to support candidates who promise to represent working Americans.
“Without Nathan, this campaign might never have happened.”
Candidate for U.S. Senate